Maryland Association of Behavioral Health Authorities
The Core Service Agencies, Local Addictions Authorities, and Local Behavioral Health Authorities plan, develop, and manage a full range of treatment and rehabilitation services for persons with serious mental illness and substance use disorder in their jurisdictions. The agencies collaborate with other human service agencies to promote comprehensive services for individuals with mental illness and substance use disorder who have multiple human needs.
As members of MABHA, the Core Service Agencies, Local Addictions Authorities, and Local Behavioral Health Authorities promote the development of accessible, high quality, community based, comprehensive behavioral health services throughout Maryland. Our agencies promote wellness by improving behavioral health in Maryland through collaborative partnerships.
Latest News & Upcoming Events
- Visit an exhibit of voices, stories and portraits by Michael Nye chronicling the challenges and courage of living with mental illness, Chesapeake College, May 5 - June 5
- Register for regional conferences on Behavioral Health Services for Veterans: May 31 in Southern MD / June 21 on the Eastern Shore
- Register for 2017 classes in Mental Health First Aid
- Download the newly released Surgeon General's report on Facing Addiction in America or visit this page for links to an executive summary and more.
- Download new Behavioral Health publications from SAMHSA.
- Discover the core concepts of Mind Resilience to help you cope with life's challenges.