Our members, Core Service Agencies (CSAs), Local Addiction Authorities (LAAs), and Local Behavioral Health Authorities (LBHAs), in conjunction with the State of Maryland Behavioral Health Administration (BHA) and the Administrative Services Organization, manage Maryland’s Public Behavioral Health System (PBHS) at the local level.
Our Function: The Maryland Association of Behavioral Health Authorities, Inc. is a non-profit 501(3)c organization founded in 1997 to:
- promote and support the development of accessible, high quality community based comprehensive behavioral health services throughout the state,
- represent members to external groups including Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Behavioral Health Administration (BHA), the General Assembly and Governor, statewide advocacy organizations, and the public,
- promote the professional development of member agency staff,
- provide a system of communication and a structure for collaboration among members and with BHA and other partners, and
- identify system needs and promote resolution to ensure effective quality behavioral health services.
Our Vision: All Marylanders will have access to a comprehensive, effective, and responsive behavioral health system of care that promotes optimum wellness and recovery across the lifespan.
Our Shared Values – System of Care will be:
- Wellness and Recovery Oriented,
- Individualized and Person Centered with Choice,
- High Quality, Cost Effective, Culturally Competent and Accessible,
- Integrated and Community Based,
- Collaborative and Responsive while Empowering Partnerships,
- Innovative and Holistic.